Baked Mac 'N Cheese - Curcumin
- 1 Pot
- 1 Oven Safe Baking Tray
- 6 Oven Safe Bowls about 10-12 oz in size
- 1 12 oz Elbow, Macaroni, or Penne Pasta (gluten-free, regular, or whole wheat) cook 2 minutes less than package directions, rinse with cool water, and drain well
- 1 lb container of labne (you can substitute yogurt or sour cream)
- 1 lb cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 6-12 slices cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you want the crust to be
- freshly cracked black pepper & chopped chives for the garnish!
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare an oven-safe baking tray with 6 oven-safe bowls sprayed on the inside with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix the cooked pasta, labne, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, corn starch, water, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and turmeric. Combine well.
- Divide the mixture into the bowl and top each bowl with the sliced cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes and rotate the tray.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the mac 'n cheese is hot and creamy and the cheese slices are golden brown.
- Garnish with freshly cracked pepper and chopped chives.