Coconut Gaba Rice Pudding - Gaba
Gaba is known to create a calming effect, helping to reduce stress, anxiety, and improve sleep. Because it slows down certain processes in the brain, it may also suppress the sensation of pain.
- 1 cup gaba rice (soaked in water over night and refrigerated)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 14oz canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated, unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- fresh strawberries, sliced
Drain the rice from the soaking liquid and place it in a heavy bottom sauce pot.
Add the milk, coconut milk, sugar, coconut, and vanilla bean. Bring the pot to boil over high heat, stirring occasionally.
Simmer the rice for 1 hour or until completely tender.
Transfer the cooked mixture to a container and chill, refrigerated, overnight to set the pudding.
When ready, remove the vanilla bean pod and serve with fresh sliced strawberries.